Art Contest for Local High School Students:
Katonah Connect and Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts are holding a jazz-inspired art contest open to all high school students living in the towns of Bedford, Lewisboro, North Salem and Pound Ridge. The competition is free to enter.
The theme of our contest is jazz, and the challenge is to create the Caramoor Jazz Festival poster for 2022.
Scroll to the bottom of this page to submit your work
We encourage all visual artists to demonstrate what jazz means to them, using any media or combination of media they’d like. However, all final artwork must be still art that can be submitted digitally – a scan or photograph of your work will be accepted. We welcome all styles and forms, including, but not limited to, drawing, painting, photography, sculptures and digital. You have the creative freedom to produce and submit art in whatever size you prefer, but please note that winning entries will be sized to scale to fit an 11×17 poster.
The following copy must be included in the design:
- Caramoor Jazz Festival
- Saturday July 30, 2022
- 1:00 p.m.
- Presented in Collaboration with Jazz at Lincoln Center
- caramoor.org (this must be all lowercase in this format)
- Optional: You may also include the lineup of artists (available on the Caramoor website), but it’s certainly not mandatory.
All entries must be submitted by midnight on Friday, June 3. Please submit your entry to email@example.com with the subject line: Katonah Connect/Caramoor jazz-inspired contest entry. OR you can submit your poster in the form below. Your email must include a valid phone number. One entry per person, please.
One winner and four (4) finalists will be selected based on skill, creativity and overall composition. At Katonah Connect, we encourage creativity and out-of-the-box thinkers, so be bold, be daring and be yourself. The winner and finalists will be notified by phone and email on Friday, June 10.
The Winner Will Receive
- Four (4) tickets to a performance of your choosing in the Caramoor Concert on the Lawn series (June 23, July 1, 8, 23, 29, August 12, 17, 19) or the American Roots Music Festival (June 25/day ticket)
- Artwork featured in the July/August print issue of Katonah Connect
- A contributor’s bio in the July/August print issue or Katonah Connect
- Artwork featured online, including on Caramoor’s and Katonah Connect’s social media channels
- Artwork printed on an 11×17 poster and displayed locally.
All finalists’ art will be featured online.
The winner and four (4) finalists will also receive four (4) complimentary day tickets each for Caramoor’s All Day Jazz Festival on July 30, 2022. Your artwork will be on display at the Katonah Connect table throughout the day, and the winner/finalists are encouraged to participate in a “meet the artists” hour to discuss their work with event attendees [time TBD].
Send Your Poster Here
If you encounter any errors or issues uploading your poster, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Justin is a designer and photographer. He creates the look of a company – designing logos, posters, color schemes, websites, and marketing materials. Sexy stuff like that. He wrote a book on design called, um, “On Design“. Justin is also a photographer of people, events, architecture, products, food, and cars he can’t afford.